This Privacy Statement applies to http://castellocollaltosabino.com/.it which is owned and operated by GlobalCapital Plc, a limited liability company registered under the laws of Malta with Company Registration Number C 19526 and having its registered office at GlobalCapital, Testaferrata Street, Ta’ Xbiex, XBX 1403, Malta (“GCPLC” or the “Company).
We endeavour to protect your privacy rights at all times, including when you visit and use our website. For this reason, we kindly invite you to read the following information so that you will be better guided as to how we process and protect your personal data.
Who we are
Throughout this Privacy Notice, “we”, “us”, “our”, and “ours” refer to GCPLC.
We are the parent company of the “GlobalCapital Group”. The members of the GlobalCapital Group comprise: GCPLC, GlobalCapital Life Insurance Limited, GlobalCapital Health Insurance Agency Limited and GlobalCapital Financial Management Limited. More information about the GlobalCapital Group can be found at: www.globalcapital.com.mt
Information we collect
In general, as a user of our Website, you may visit our website without telling us who you are and/or revealing any other information about yourself. You may however, choose to provide us with personal information if you make an online reservation or send us queries or questions. In such case, we shall also collect your IP address as a requirement to ensure no spamming occurs and to avoid duplicate records.
The information, whether personal or otherwise, we collect includes the following:
- Information required to complete a booking:
- The full name and address of the person making the booking;
- The email address and phone number of the person making the booking;
- Bank and/or Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code);
- Guest stay data, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities, or any other services used);
- Data you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests, or promotional offers;
- Information about how you use our website, including IP addresses or other device information.
- The following information can also be provided but is not mandatory:
- The names of all guests staying as part of the booking;
- Any additional information you wish to provide that you feel is pertinent to your stay (e.g. food or other allergies, dietary requirements, special requirements, etc.)
Where permitted by law, we may also process information about criminal convictions or offences and alleged offences for specific and limited activities and purposes, such as to perform checks to prevent and detect crime and to comply with laws relating to money laundering, fraud, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, and international sanctions.
If the data provided by you refer to third parties, you confirm to having obtained and received their prior consent to providing information on them, and to have informed them, before providing us with their information, whether personal or otherwise.
Implications of not sharing your information
You may always choose what personal data (if any) you want to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
How we collect data
The data we collect is provided to us by you when:
- Forms are completed on our online booking system on our website;
- we receive an email or a letter;
- Information is provided to us either by telephone or in person.
Upon arrival, our personnel will require to verify your identity and booking details by signing a printed registration form that includes the personal information you have provided.
Using your personal information
The information, whether personal or otherwise, provided to us will only be used in connection with the services we are providing to you and is intended to improve your experience. We may therefore use your personal information to:
- Process your booking and provide confirmation details;
- Obtain payments for our services via credit/debit card;
- Respond to any questions or comments via e-mail, telephone or post;
- To provide you with customer services
- Provide information that may be useful to you;
- Request feedback about your stay with us, the booking experience and our website;
- Return any items that you may forget to take with you on check-out;
- Send an email after your stay with a discount code that can be used for future bookings;
- Conduct market research and analysis;
- Prevent, investigate and detect fraud and other illegal or infringing activities, and to carry out risk assessment and for security purposes, including the authentication of users;
- To handle and resolve legal disputes or complaints, for regulatory investigations and compliance, or to enforce agreement(s), or to comply with lawful requests from law enforcement insofar as it is required by law.
Furthermore, should you provide your consent accordingly, we may use your data to inform you by direct marketing about GlobalCapital Group range of products and services or about offers from carefully selected third parties we work with, if we think they are of interest to you. Kindly be informed that your data is only shared for marketing purposes within the GlobalCapital Group and not with other third parties.
Disclosures, Data Storage and Information sharing
Your information is stored on secure systems within the GlobalCapital Group premises and with providers of secure information storage, and can only be accessed by authorised personnel. Other than this, we may disclose your personal data as required by law to any third parties, except for marketing purposes.
Please rest assured that we only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for or without your consent.
How long we hold your information
We will retain your information, which may include personal data or otherwise, for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties, and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement.
The information will be destroyed as soon as it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. We may on exception retain your information for longer periods, particularly where we need to withhold destruction or disposal based on an order from the courts or an investigation by law enforcement agencies or our regulators. This is intended to make sure that we will be able to produce records as evidence, if they’re needed. Nevertheless, data collected for inquiries which will not result in any type of contract will not be retained and will be discarded immediately.
Your Choices and Rights
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you;
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block, or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; and
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you've given us to a third party.
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law by sending an email to the following email address email@example.com. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data, subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate, and current. Be sure to inform us as soon as possible regarding any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org . We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable law.
Similar to other websites, our website makes use of "cookies", which are small pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s system for record keeping purposes.
We undertake to implement all appropriate measures and safeguards in order to protect confidentiality, integrity and availability of all data processed. Accordingly, we declare that we have appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing together with accidental alteration, destruction, loss and to also ensure compliance with the obligations imposed by the Data Protection legislation. We also maintain strict information security policies designed to prevent unauthorised access to your information by anyone, including our staff unless required to give a service. We can ensure you that all of our staff who have access to any of the personal data held are personally responsible for maintaining customer confidentiality.
Nevertheless, kindly note that any duty of confidentiality owed by us is conditional on the representations and warranties made by you being true and complete in all respects and at all times and on the fulfilment by you of your obligations under the Life Insurance Application Documentation. We shall not be bound by any duty of confidentiality where disclosure is necessary, in our absolute discretion, to safeguard our legitimate interests.
We will update this Notice from time to time. Any changes will be communicated to you without delay, and where appropriate, notified to you by email.
How to contact us
If you have questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, or if you want to exercise any of the rights you have under this notice, you are welcome to contact us at email@example.com.
In the event that you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can then file a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Changes to this Notice
We will update this Notice from time to time. Any changes will be communicated to you without delay, and where appropriate, notified to you by SMS or email.